Interiors

IKEA Kitchen Hack Into Minty Green Gorgeousness

April 25, 2017

I came across an ad on Facebook today and I clicked it (yes, horror!) and landed on the website for Reform, a company that hacks IKEA kitchens with custom cabinets, counters, etc. I really like what they’ve done to this Danish home in minty green so I had to pop in for a moment to share it. I’m currently pretty dissatisfied with my standard IKEA kitchen (quality is good but everyone seems to have it so it feels boring) so I would love to customize it. Seeing Reform made me feel a bit inspired and encouraged to perhaps give my kitchen a makeover. I am so bored with the shiny white cabinet doors and the standard metal hardware that my son sliced his head open on during the first year of his life and his scar is proof of those sharp IKEA handles – I am ready for safer hardware and something a bit more personal.

IKEA Kitchen Hack Into Minty Green Gorgeousness
IKEA Kitchen Hack Into Minty Green Gorgeousness
IKEA Kitchen Hack Into Minty Green Gorgeousness
IKEA Kitchen Hack Into Minty Green Gorgeousness
IKEA Kitchen Hack Into Minty Green Gorgeousness

IKEA Kitchen Hack Into Minty Green Gorgeousness

Shown: homeowner Tikkie Elsøe

IKEA Kitchen Hack Into Minty Green Gorgeousness

Great touches of black throughout this open kitchen, dining and living space too – don’t you agree?

Note: The kitchen is a Basis 01 design. The color of the fronts is S2005-G20Y (green), and the countertop and handles are in natural oak. Their fronts fit all the cabinets from IKEA’s METOD and FAKTUM kitchens.

(Photos: Courtesy of Reform, Taken by Karen Maj Kornum, Post processing/editing: Holly Becker)

12 Comments

• Reply landrybaby April 26, 2017 at 6:16 am

Gorgeousness! I have been a mint green lover since I was a little girl! I love it on walls, on furniture, home decor and on me. When I was 5 years old, I spent a couple of days with my grandma who lived in another state. She was always an “eclectic” kind of grandma and even at that tender age, I always found her amusing and so much fun. She had decided one day, she was tired of her “boring old kitchen”. She had a square wood table which she kept and washed it white. She then took me along and we went foraging for 4 wood chairs; of course they didn’t match. We took them home and I watched while she mixed the most beautiful shade of minty green milk paint and turned those 4 mismatched chairs into magic. Down came her gingham currents, out came her sewing machine and yards of white cotton broadcloth, I was in sheer delight.
    The minty green cabinets in this kitchen take me back. I would swear the shade is the exact same shade my grandma mixed. The design of Tikkie’s cabinets with the lovely wood countertops are exquisite. The touches of mint she has used in the rest of her home could not be more tranquil and perfect. Thanks for sharing a beautiful post, bringing back a memory and making me take a second look at my kitchen cabinets.

• Reply Kayleigh Wright April 27, 2017 at 5:24 pm

I never thought mint green in a home could look so beautiful. It really does open up a space and make it look so light and fresh. Absolutely beautiful!

• Reply dalilidesign April 28, 2017 at 6:22 am

So lovely! And thanks for the tip! I am helping my friend to redecorate her kitchen and we have been looking at Superfront, but I didn’t know about these guys. Always good to have alternatives. I really enjoy reading you posts, your one of my new faves for weekly blog reads ;)

• Reply Charlotte Lindsay April 28, 2017 at 9:48 pm

I love the pop of color that the teal brings. It adds a unique flair without taking way from the other home decor.

• Reply Trupti Ladda April 29, 2017 at 10:17 am

Just the wow images and design you have posted here. I get flat on them. I am an Interior designers but till now I did not think this time of kitchen hack in my life. Thanks to share this post. I will Read this post again and agin. please, give me some anothere tips very soon.Thanks

• Reply Sacred and Profane Designs May 2, 2017 at 12:47 pm

I do love the artwork in the kitchen! Why should prints decorate only the walls of your living room or bedroom! Kitchens need art as well!

• Reply Kaitlyn May 2, 2017 at 9:40 pm

Love this colour! I am also obsessed with ikea hacks, they are so inexpensive but you are right, everyone has it. Great post, great home!

Kaitlyn
    lilacandstyle.com

• Reply Te Esse by Velvet May 5, 2017 at 6:20 am

I love it! It’s so great what the right shade of color can do to an interior. This minty green is gorgeous and the indents on the cabinet doors is a smashing idea. They totally upgrade this kitchen’s look. I also noticed that there are no window treatments in the space and that makes it look more bright and breezy. The whole interior gives me a sense of “fairy” quality. So sorry about your son’s scaring:(

• Reply Ashlea May 10, 2017 at 2:34 am

Hey there. Where did you find such a great living room tall hutch like that?

• Reply Mary May 11, 2017 at 5:37 pm

Minty green is such a unique colour, and can go so wrong, but this is perfection. It creates such a softness, especially in the low light. Its absolutely lovely, and is an inspiration for anyone considering a kitchen overhaul, or building from scratch. Thanks for sharing this!

• Reply Yuyu May 20, 2017 at 5:08 pm

I always love minty green colour but feels like it’s a difficult colour to work with. However, seeing that lovely cabinet sit in perfectly in the living room really impressed me.

• Reply Emily May 31, 2017 at 4:25 pm

It’s wonderful how every element in that kitchen comes together in such a nice way. Specially with that minty green which is a difficult accomplishment. Thank you for sharing Holly!